OK, this blog has made some pretty wild predictions over the years; from loss of privacy & security, through societal decay from social media & 24/7 connectivity, mass unemployment by AI & automation, to industrial environmental catastrophe and a technocapitalist Armageddon. Now there’s clear evidence of the first of these forecasts coming true, any chance of taking any of the others seriously? Maybe before it’s too late might be a good idea?
Tag Archives: Social impact of technology
A superb keynote from Charles Stross, opening this year’s ‘Chaos Communication Congress’.
Yet more hidden dangers in emerging technology in the hands of technocapitalism!
3 Comments | tags: Data apps, Privacy, Social impact of technology, Social media apps, Technocapitalism, Technology corporations | posted in Computer Science, Computing, Philosophy, Politics, Programming, Software
Find in the files
April 2020 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
On the desk
- Going up Exponentially … Tuesday 24th March 2020
- AI/Machine Learning for Minefield Clearance Tuesday 25th February 2020
- And so it continues … Monday 20th January 2020
- Research into Effective Age-Gating for Online Alcohol Sales Friday 10th January 2020
- More Predictions Coming True? Monday 2nd December 2019
- Technology Changing the World? It’s time for the regular reminder … Friday 15th November 2019
- New edition of ‘Conscious’ Tuesday 1st October 2019
- Turing Test for Dogs Monday 2nd September 2019
- Swarm Thickness Tuesday 6th August 2019
- Can AI Get Too Clever? Monday 1st July 2019
In the drawers
Under the lamp
Towards the back
Around the room