OK, this blog has made some pretty wild predictions over the years; from loss of privacy & security, through societal decay from social media & 24/7 connectivity, mass unemployment by AI & automation, to industrial environmental catastrophe and a technocapitalist Armageddon. Now there’s clear evidence of the first of these forecasts coming true, any chance of taking any of the others seriously? Maybe before it’s too late might be a good idea?
Tag Archives: Social impact of technology
A superb keynote from Charles Stross, opening this year’s ‘Chaos Communication Congress’.
Yet more hidden dangers in emerging technology in the hands of technocapitalism!
3 Comments | tags: Data apps, Privacy, Social impact of technology, Social media apps, Technocapitalism, Technology corporations | posted in Computer Science, Computing, Philosophy, Politics, Programming, Software
Find in the files
July 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
On the desk
- One for Dad Saturday 12th December 2020
- Brexit and Conway’s Life! Wednesday 25th November 2020
- “ERIC”: How a Bad Think-Thing Destroyed the World Friday 30th October 2020
- Fully Automated Luxury … Dancing? (A futuristic conspiracy theory) Wednesday 16th September 2020
- Advanced Machine Learning and Data Mining: A New Frontier in Artificial Intelligence Research Monday 17th August 2020
- Llangollen Fringe 2020 Climate Summit Thursday 23rd July 2020
- Effective Age-gating for Online Alcohol Sales (Final Report) Tuesday 9th June 2020
- Another Week, Another Nonsense Graph from the Government! Monday 11th May 2020
- How to Lie with Statistics! Tuesday 7th April 2020
- Going up Exponentially … Tuesday 24th March 2020
In the drawers
Under the lamp
Towards the back
Around the room