The ‘Technological Singularity’ debate rolls on with the publication of a special issue of MDPI’s ‘Information’ Journal: “AI AND THE SINGULARITY: A FALLACY OR A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?”
Papers published in the special edition, to date, include:
- Thinking in Patterns and the Pattern of Human Thought as Contrasted with AI Data Processing
- Technological Singularity: What Do We Really Know?
- Conceptions of Artificial Intelligence and Singularity
- Cosmic Evolutionary Philosophy and a Dialectical Approach to Technological Singularity
- Can Computers Become Conscious, an Essential Condition for the Singularity?
- The Emperor of Strong AI Has No Clothes: Limits to Artificial Intelligence
One of the papers, with an outlook (entirely unsurprisingly) in line with this blog is Vic Grout‘s, “The Singularity isn’t Simple! (However we look at it) A random walk between science fiction and science fact”. The abstract reads as follows: